Here at Good Shepherd Church of the Nazarene, we strive to put others first. Therefore, when wewere informed that in-person worship could lead to worshipers being infected by COVID 19, we quickly made the decision to suspend in-person worship and began to have drive-in church and began live streaming our services. However, since there have been few new cases in Washington County for several weeks, we have decided to re-gather for in-person worship in oursanctuary. But we will not be returning to worship as it was pre-COVID 19.
These are precautions that we are taking to safeguard the well-being of our worshipers:
- We have installed a state-of-the-art ‘Halo LED” Air Purification system. It purifies every square inch of airconditioned space and is designed to remove 99.9% of air born contaminants.
- We will practice social distancing.
- We will be marking off every other pew for seating. Thus, each row will be 6 ft from the next.
- Family units will be seated together. There will be a 6 ft space between non-family members on the same pew.
- There will be no nursery or children’s church at this time.
- Service length will be shortened to reduce potential for infection.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at entrances. (Touchless units are on order.)
- Traffic flow will be directed to maintain social distancing.
- Someone will be stationed at each door so that no one will need to touch a door knob.
- Surfaces are sanitized before each service.
Our motto is “LOVE SPOKEN HERE”. As we have worked to make re-gathering for worship safe, love for others has guided our decision-making process.
Life changed for all of us in the middle of March this year. Covid 19 came onto the scene and it was necessary to make some radical changes.